[Sussex] LUG Radio

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Fri Apr 8 19:26:33 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 19:43 +0100, Andrew Guard wrote:
-----%<-----
> OK so here are some simple questions for you?
>
> 1) Is the software loading the audio file?
>
> 2) Is the software playing it but no output audio?
>
> 3) Is the software able to play other files of the same type?

1. No, not xmms (which I've since unmerged and re-emerged) but it played
fine with Real Player(mp3 format, I didn't try the ogg version with real
player).

2. No, I just get a load of scrambled/corrupted text in the xmms
playlist editor box - which I get for both the downloads.

3. Yes, I checked by playing an mp3 ripped from a CD, which played fine.

Obviously, there must be something I'm missing, I just can't think what.
Especially as I'd prefer to use xmms. I only have realplayer installed
because i've found it'll sometimes play stuff that xmms doesn't like
(and familiarity).

Xmms has been quite sucessful for me, so why it's "playing up" is rather
a mystery.

regards

John D.