[Sussex] Groupware / Mailserver recomendation

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Tue Apr 12 08:45:48 UTC 2005

Diego,

On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 00:15 +0100, Diego Moore wrote:
> I need to replace our old mail server at work and am looking into options.
>
> I'd love to build one from scratch (suse, gentoo, debain, anything!)
> but I find myself having very little time and this is long due! So I'm
> now looking into a COTS Groupware / Email server to run on Linux and
> maybe even get commercial support for it. Someone mentioned
> OpenExchange the other day and it looks like a very good option. Its
> just slightly over my budget but the features are impressive.

I'm not sure I understand why it's out of your budget, is it because
your company would like the support package?

> So has anyone heard of any similar products or has any experience with
> OpenExchange?

I'm playing with OX now and it looks pretty cool, got just
abouteverything you need including webmail.

> We use Outlook throughout, need IMAP, shared folders (mail, contacts &
> calendars) and decent web based email. About 10 users but needs to
> allow for expansion to 50+.

Yup, all of that's in OX

> And something that can replace our old fastidious fax would be the
> icing on the cake. I think our fax prints out more junk then we
> receive spam!

I believe you can setup postfix to send faxes over a dialup link...

HTH,

Matt