[Sussex] Mail client suggestions

Alan F alan at slug.greenmeads.co.uk
Wed Apr 13 19:39:12 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 06:29:52PM +0100, Thomas Adam wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 06:10:13PM +0100, Paul Howard wrote:
> > Has anyone got any suggestions for a decent mail client I can use?
>
> Mutt.

As much as I like mutt, you might not have noticed in his post he said
that he didn't find slypheed very user friendly, which sort of rules
mutt out.. :-)

I've been using evolution a fair bit since I started using Ubuntu, and
have been fairly impressed with it (I haven't found it as unstable as
some people say it is). The IMAP support in thunderbird on my parents
Windows machine seems fairly speedy to my courier-imap (maildir)
server, so I'm thinking it's either your network or IMAP server being
slow (I actually noticed a big speed increase when I moved my maildir
to a faster disk).

Alan