[Sussex] CD-R in Ubuntu

Rupert Swarbrick rupert.swarbrick at lineone.net
Sat Apr 16 18:22:41 UTC 2005

Gavin Stevens wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone managed to write CDs in Ubuntu?
>
> If so, I would greatly appreciate the know-how on achieving this. Google
> revealed that the www was a bit scant on useful information on this
> subject (plenty of older info, but not much up to date stuff).

Although there are prettier (and probably faster) ways to do it, if you
just need something that works, use xcdroast.

It's really easy - you don't need to do much in the way of reading man
pages as everything's GUI and I worked it out in about 10mins.

I recommend using the SCSI emulation even though you don't have to as it
seems to speed up probing the device, which can get a bit irritating if
it's not set.

Enjoy!

Rupert