[Sussex] CD-R in Ubuntu

Geoff Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Wed Apr 20 07:28:41 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 00:07 +0100, Gavin Stevens wrote:
---- %< ------------
> Egg on face department: My oversize wave files were caused by me
> misunderstanding that I need .raw files for a CD-R. This is a bit of
> hangover from Windows days, where it called them .wav files. I created
> many CDs in Windows. I can only assume that the CD writing software I
> used in Windows stripped the .wav headers to make .raw files as it
> created the CD. I didn't realise that Linux software doesn't, in
> general, seem to do this.

K3b hides you from this stuff in a similar way to a windows app.  It's
well worth trying if you don't want to worry too much about the details
of CD buring.  It'll even let you put a hidden first track on an audio
CD with the tick of a single checkbox.

--
Geoff Teale <tealeg at member.fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation