[Sussex] CAD

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 15:42:35 UTC 2005

On 20/04/05, Mark Barber <mark.barber6 at virgin.net> wrote:
> I have an urgent requirement for a CAD program that can work on DWG
> files. My nearest alternative (horror) is to go back to Windoze so that
> I can use the application server of my boss' SBS 2003 to load AutoCAD
> lite. Damn cunning how these Yanks try to make everyone tie in to M$
>
> Can anyone recommend a solution?

Open browser --> google --> convert dwg linux --> Search -->

http://lx-viewer.sourceforge.net

"LX-Viewer is a program that will allow you to open, view, print and
convert DWG or DXF files, typically used in AutoCAD related technical
drafting. The most important feature is that LX-Viewer allows you to
manipulate your DWG data on the Linux platform. You may zoom and pan
the drawing as you would in AutoCAD. Files can be saved to DWG or DXF
formats from AutoCAD version 2.5 to 2002, also as BMP, SVG and PNG
formats. Files can be printed or plotted to a Postscript printer or to
file. Multiple files can be batch converted or batch plotted. Layer
states can be changed (on/off, freeze/thaw, etc) with a full layer
dialog. The paperspace/model space toggle is fully implemented, as is
the ability to select among various paperspace layouts for AutoCAD
drawings."

Cheers,
Al.