[Sussex] Steve Ballmer using Linux in public

Andrew Guard andrew at andrewguard.com
Thu Apr 21 10:42:46 UTC 2005

On display at this year's MMS event was Virtual Server 2005 Service Pack
1, due for release later this year. Virtual Server 2005 Service Pack 1 was
demonstrated on stage running with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced
Server 3.

Commenting on support for Linux, Ballmer said: "As much as that hurts my
eyes, I know that's an important capability for the virtual server
technology for our customers."

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/04/21/ballmer_virtualserver/

In other word M$ knows they have to put there toes in Linux market before
the end of Windows market.  If they dont make moves no they will find
harder in few years time.  It shows to me they think M$ game is soon to be
over.

--
This e-mail has been edited with a webmail service.

--
This e-mail has been edited with a webmail service.