[Sussex] APC Smart-UPS 1000 Problems [Scanned]

Grant Snelling grant.snelling at gkscomputers.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 22:16:57 UTC 2005

Hi,

Having to support APC units {against our better judgement}, this is a
very frequent problem. It appears that the batteries are 'over-charged',
this in turn shortens their life and often causes the batteries to
swell; sometimes quite dramatically. We've had one set of batteries out
of an Smart-1000 that do not have a straight side left on them ! Even
the external casing was distended.

Where possible we would avoid using APC, MGE and Liebert are better
value and better supported.

I would agree that Maplin is a very good source for spares !

Regards

Grant

Grant Snelling
Director