[Sussex] The SLUG website?

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Fri Apr 22 04:08:21 UTC 2005

Lee

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 11:34:48PM +0100, Lee W wrote:
> Steve Dobson wrote:
> >John
> >
> >On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 04:48:03PM +0100, John D. wrote:
> >

> >>Is there something wrong with the site or is "Dobbo the Great" playing
> >>again?
> >>
> >>Because I just tried to look at it and I only got the top 20% or so of
> >>the home page, and it indicated that it had finished loading! (or is it
> >>this weekend that LUG.org are doing the upgrade that got mentioned
> >>recently???
> >>

> >No I haven't been playing.
> >

> Is there an alternative way to register for next weeks moot with the
> website being down?

I was reconfiguring the machine that I bring to the BCF as a development
system for the website.  This would have given us a development machine
for any changes to the website that we wanted.

However, the machine has developed a problem with the primary boot disk
and I had to kill it.  Getting an I/O error from hda is not a good thing
in my book.

I hope to get a new system built over then next couple of days (time
permitting).  If that is so then I will plug it into my DMZ and
reconfigure the pages @ www.sussex.l.o.u to bounce to the development
system and we will be back up.  If I get the time!!!!

My may have to resort to the e-mail system to gather the list of names.
There are also problems with the e-mail on the server and there appears
to be about a two hour delay (today) with the handling of e-mail.  If
someone would like to collect names for next week's moot this would help
me.

Ta

Violence in reality is quite different from theory.
		-- Spock, "The Cloud Minders", stardate 5818.4