[Sussex] Debian /etc/network/interfaces

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Fri Apr 22 18:42:31 UTC 2005

Paul wrote:

> Have you tried simply adding "ifconfig wlan0 up" at the end of the
> configuration script, to bring the card up with new settings??

Haven't tried that, but I don't think that is the problem, or not the only
one. After I insert the card it is seen by hotplug and gets hooked, or
whatever it's called. However if you then run iwconfig to see what it's been
set up as then you see all the default parameters from the driver. So it
obviously isn't executing the commands in the mapping stanza that do things
like setting the essid.

I think this might be a question for the debian-user mailing list.

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

 Error 1232: Windows has run out of errors.
  Run Windows Update to download more.