[Sussex] Re: C programming help

Mike Diack mike_diack at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 29 10:50:26 UTC 2005

Hi

Thanks for the compliment. Splint really is excellent, there's an even
better but commercial (closed source) tool that is good value
called pc lint which I know can be made to run under Wine. There's a version
of it you can compile yourself for any OS, but that's about 1000quid. PCLint
is about 150, and is the most useful non-free (cost) s/w I've ever bought.
See www.gimpel.com
It finds mistakes in s/w nigh on automatically, and in the process, is a
great way of learning some of the subtleties of C/C++ ....

Mike