[Sussex] PHP process hogging the CPU

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Sat Aug 13 10:42:49 UTC 2005

Hi Brendan

> Hello,
>
> I have a PHP process which is probably in an
> endless loop. I have re-booted the system the process still
continues. How
> can I find and stop the process which is hogging the time? (I have a long
> default php timeout set because, on occasions, some process need to run
for an
> extended time. However, I will set the maximum time which each program can
run
> on an individual basis.)
>
> Thanks,  Brendan

It carries on after a reboot?????  Geez!!!  I don't think that's PHP.  How
is the script restarting on boot up? Can you send the output of

ps axf

and maybe of

top

Do these immediately after a reboot so the machine is freshly started.

How do you know that there's a process running away?  Is the CPU working
hard, memory full?

If it is PHP can you send over the script for us to have a look at?

Cheers

Ronan