[Sussex] How to get started with Python

Geoffrey J. Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Sun Aug 21 23:09:22 UTC 2005

Steve Dobson wrote:

>All
>
>Okay, I've want to learn python, so where is the best place to learn.
>
>What I'm looking for is a web based quick start guide for someone
>who can already program and just wants to learn the syntax and best
>practices of the language.

Steve,

http://www.hetland.org/python/instant-python.php

Might be OK.  Haven't looked at it for a while though.

Python is _really_ easy.  You can learn the structure in < 2 hours.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, Thirdphase (the product I
develop in my day job) is (to the best of my knowledge) the largest
Python application in the world, so I work in a pretty darn good group
of Python developers and between us we've experienced pretty much every
pitfall python has to offer.

--
G.J. Teale
Free Software Foundation