[Sussex] Screenshots

Karl E. Jorgensen karl at jorgensen.com
Thu Aug 25 16:32:10 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 12:09:29AM +0100, Gavin Stevens wrote:
> A question in preparation for my planned non-techie presentation:
>
> How would I get screenshots of installation screens?
>
> Getting normal screenshots is easy enough, but I'm not sure how to go
> about this (if it is possible) when the system is being installed.

I presume that we're talking about console mode installs here?

If so, then you might be able to force the install to use a serial
console[1], use a laplink cable and minicom on a different box. Then
getting screen shots from the window in which minicom is running should
be a doddle...

[1] Most distros allow you to give kernel boot parameters
--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl at jorgensen.com   http://karl.jorgensen.com