[Sussex] Laptop choice

Geoffrey Teale gteale at cmedresearch.com
Fri Aug 26 09:50:59 UTC 2005

Jon Fautley wrote:
> I can! My main machine for work was, until Monday, an IBM Thinkpad X31 -
> incredibly small and portable, with a decent spec.

Erm.. no, that machine is pre the buy out just like mine.

--- %< -----
> My next personal laptop purchase will be an IBM X series. They're not
> the cheapest on the market, but they do feel like you could drop them
> out of a 3rd storey window and it'd survive. Easily one of the best
> laptops I've ever used - the keyboard is AMAZING! :)

I agree with all that, (we have an X40 here and it rocks), but the point
still remains that IBM have sold the business and there is no guarantee
that the new models will be built to the same quality and or have the
same stability in terms of their components.

If you're buying pre-Lenova Thinkpads I 100% recommend them, if your
buying a Lenova thinkpad I simply can't vouch for anything.

--
G.J. Teale
Development Team Leader

Cmed Group Ltd.
Holmwood, Broadlands Business Campus,
Langhurstwood Road, Horsham, RH12 4QP, United Kingdom

T +44(0)1403 755 071
F +44(0)1403 755 051
E gteale at cmedresearch.com  W www.cmedresearch.com