[Sussex] Re: Linux job opportunities

Alan Delaney hairy.one at virgin.net
Sat Aug 27 15:38:36 UTC 2005

Update:

I've acted on the idea that any sysadmin job is better than nothing and
applied for a MCSE course from a few companies that offer job guarantee
with their courses  I've had one acceptance so far (with others
pending).  I'm loathe to take any actions that further increase
Microsofts coffers but it looks like my options are limited right now  :(

 > Chris Jones wrote:
 > Also don't underestimate the impact of running your own (or
 > volunteer/nonprofit/charity) networks - if you can detail a complex
 > setup of mail/web/dns/etc even for a few users, that ought to get you
 > looked at for junior admin posts and if you sound like you know what
 > you are talking about in an interview you will get something.

Actually I've made a few attempts to find such a scheme with Google.
I'd be very happy to donate my time to a school or other non-profit
organisation, especially if they were looking at setting up a Linux
network, but I've only managed to find two such schemes are neither
replied to my e-mails.  Any idea where I can find any active schemes
that need volunteer sysadmins to get free software into schools and
suchlike?

--
Alan Delaney

Registered Linux user: 388693.
Registered Linux machines: 289172, 289173, 296291, 296293, 296294,
   296869. (counter.li.org)
Geek score: 34.714% - Total Geek (www.innergeek.us)
Hacker key:
   v2sw5+8C+JGhw5ln4/5pr6/7Ock1ma6/8l6+8Sw3+2e4t2b9Hen4+6g5+3RHaIr9
   (www.hackerkey.com)