[Sussex] Looking for a DNS slave for my new domain

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Wed Dec 7 08:23:56 UTC 2005

John

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 11:52:13PM -0000, John Crowhurst wrote:

> On Tue, December 6, 2005 22:46, Steve Dobson said:
> > I've just got myself a personal domain - and not a bad one:
> >         syscall.org.uk
> >
> > Now all I need is a second DNS server so I can control my
> > own DNS settings.  All I require is someone (or someones)
> > to host the DNS slave(s).  I will, of course, return the
> > favor.
>
> Sure, 72.3.245.174

Thanks for the offer.  As this is an IP addresss in RackSpace's
network would be a great DNS server for me.

I have configured you in but...

   $ host 72.3.245.174
   Name: toybox1.fryremoon.net
   Address: 72.3.245.174

   $ host toybox1.fryremoon.net
   toybox1.fryremoon.net does not exist, try again

   $ whois fryremoon.net
   No match for "FRYREMOON.NET".

   $ dig mx fyremoon.net
   fyremoon.net.           86280   IN      MX      0 toybox.fyremoon.net.

   $ dig toybox.fyremoon.net
   toybox.fyremoon.net.    86207   IN      A       72.3.245.174

I think you need to look at the reverse DNS settings for
your server.  I would guess that someone at RackSpace can't type.  :-)