[Sussex] Odbc.so problem with Fedora core 4

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Thu Dec 8 11:01:30 UTC 2005

Hi Brendan

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 10:23:57 -0000
"Brendan Whelan" <b_whelan at mistral.co.uk> wrote:

> Ronan,
>
> Thanks for the message  - "locate odbc.so" goves old information and a
> warning that the data is over 8 days old.
> How do I update the info and where is a good place to find the latest
> version of odbc.so?

As root do

updatedb

and let it run.  It'll probably take a little while to index the whole
filesystem.  Once it finishes, try the locate command again.

As far as finding the odbc.so file, did you build PHP from source or
was it installed from a package? If you did build it yourself can you
send the configure parameters that you used? Alternatively, generate a
phpinfo page and post the 'Configure Command' entry and the
extension_dir entry from the PHP core section. This will give us an
idea of where to check.

Cheers

Ronan
--