[Sussex] Buying a new PC (sans MS tax)

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Thu Dec 8 21:40:08 UTC 2005

Mark

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 05:57:07PM +0000, Colin Tuckley wrote:
> Mark Harrison (Groups) wrote:
> > Anyone got any recommendations for a new PC _without_ Windows?
> >
> > I don't want to get into buying components for everything, but would
> > consider a "barebones" to which I had to add CPU, RAM and Disk.
>
> Try your local Computer Fair - I think the LUG will be at the Crawley Fair
> this weekend in fact.

Colin is right we are at the Crawley BCF this weekend.
    (see http://www.britishcomputerfairs.com/calendar.htm)

I've only been to this fair once before and I didn't really look at
all the stalls.  But if you come early and help set up (~09:00)
you can then identify yourself as a trader and try and get a
trader discount from the other stalls.

I will also have my debain mirror with me so you can get Debian
installed on it there too if you like.