[Sussex] Router Question

Alan F alan at slug.greenmeads.co.uk
Sun Dec 18 11:49:39 UTC 2005

The Draytek Vigor I used to have has the DMZ feature you want. It'll
let you assign each outside IP to an internal one. One thing worth
mentioning (a big stink of an issue imho) is that the DMZ does *not*
allow UDP traffic to pass through. For me, after putting my home
server in the DMZ, I had to manually add a port forward for the DNS
server.

A lot of people highly recommend Draytek routers; I'm hesitant because
of the DMZ issue and the fact I managed to brick mine with one of
their own firmware upgrades (no idea how).

Hope this helps,
Alan