[Sussex] PS3 is lot more open then you think

Dominic Humphries linux at oneandoneis2.org
Wed Dec 28 11:24:47 UTC 2005

Quoting Chris Jones <cmsj at tenshu.net>:

> On 9:13:42 pm 27/12/2005 Dominic Humphries <linux at oneandoneis2.org> wrote:
>> The GP2X does all that!
>
> What the hell is the GP2X? ;)

One of these:

http://www.gbax.com/aboutgp2x.html

A Linux-based (dual-CPU!) handheld console. I got one of the first run, as I'm
not the most patient person ;o)

I'm still using its predecessor, the GP32, for games, as the emulators
aren't too spectacular yet, but I've got Quake running on it just fine,
and DVD-ripped
movies are superb. Xmas was at my gf's parents this year, and having Ice Age,
Red Dwarf Series I, and the first three Wallace&Gromit films stored on
SD cards
helped me stay alive ;o)

But it wasn't that long ago that I wrote a blog entry specifically on the
advantage it had as a console that was entirely open-source, which pretty much
agreed with what you said about an OS console:
http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/blog/2005/12/how-much-is-free-worth.html
so I thought it was worthy of a mention. . .

Cheers

Dominic