[Sussex] Wireless encryption

peterakines at netscape.net peterakines at netscape.net
Sat Feb 5 06:35:23 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I have SuSe 9.0 with a wireless NIC. I configured the NIC with Yast and entered the encryption key but it just seems to ignore this. I can get a connection to the Access point only if I use "iwconfig wlan0 key **********" from a console but when I reboot I have to enter it again. How can I ensure that Yast keeps this information? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter Akines.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.