[Sussex] Re: crackling lines

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Feb 6 14:30:51 UTC 2005

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 10:58:12 +0000, Matt Brown <matt at mbrown.co.uk> wrote:

> Im glad im not the only one who feels like that .. did exactly the same
> between xmas and new year, we would have had it before xmas except Sky
> thought better to try and install it into a house we have not lived in
> for 2 years !!!
>
> Hey ho ... the Sky bloke said they only check once every 4 weeks, and
> when they detect its unplugged they just send you a letter complaining.

Well I plugged the sky box back in this morning, and so far, the
connections stayed up. So at the moment (subject to change of course), I'm
deducing that it could actually be the crappy wired phone that has also
been plugged in, either on it's own or combined with the sky box (without
knowing how many "REN" I'm using up I don't know - yet - if it's that or
the phones faulty). The line is definitely still intermittently crackling
though!

regards

John D.

p.s. Oh and thanks to Richie for lending me a speedtouch somethingorother
to elimate the modem/router from the equation - Good to meet you as well
Richie.