[Sussex] Feb BCF Report

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Mon Feb 7 07:04:04 UTC 2005

Hi All

First, welcome to any new members that have joined after seeing us at
the BCF in Worthing.

The stand provoked a lot of interest as usual, and we are being to see
some faces that have visited us in the past.

Karl took his MythTV system (which he will be demonstrating at the
next SLUGMoot (Thursday 24th Feb) and hooked it up to a camcorder.
It help draw the crowd.

The stand did well.  The new price of the Knoppix disks (£3) sold
well and more than covered our table costs for the day.  We took about
£70 in all.  Overall the stand is still running at a lost due to
advanced cost printing the handouts, but on track to recoup that cost
in time.

My thanks to Nik, Karl and Richie for helping out, and the others of
you that managed to pop by for a while.