[Sussex] ADSL USB Modems

John Gregory john_gregory at onetel.com
Wed Feb 9 14:36:38 UTC 2005

pkturner at f2s.com wrote:

>I have aquired two Alcatel SpeedTouch USB ADSL modems that I do not require.
>There are no drivers or installation instructions, however to the best of my
>knowledge they are fully functional.
>
>I also have a Westall WireSpeed USB ADSL Modem, however I do not know anything
>about this one.
>
>If anyone is interested in any of the above please let me know.
>
>Thanks Paul.

Drivers and configuration programs for the Speedtouch modems are
available.  There are at least 3 different routes to getting one up and
running.  I have just used speedtouchconf-10-Nov-2004.tar.gz whih is
very simple.
You do have to download the firmware file for your version of the modem
from the Thomson web site first.

My system is Suse 9.1 pro with kernel 2.6.5-7.111.30-default

Hope this helps

John Gregory