[Sussex] Does anyone know when/if the next issue of Linux Formatis due out?

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Fri Feb 11 09:20:43 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 23:35:07 +0000, Steve Dobson <steve at dobson.org> wrote:

> John
>
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 10:09:32PM -0000, John D. wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:41:03 +0000, Steve Dobson wrote:
>> > Sorry, but I'm a Debian user.  I just "apt-get dist-upgrade".  In fact
>> > I'm upgrading my old Indy box at the moment - going like a dream.  It
>> > hadn't been on for over 300 days, so most of the packages need
>> upgrading.
>>
>> It's one of those things some of us in the real world have to do from
>> time
>> to time (not me - use gentoo, you know it makes sense :D ). It's
>> connected
>> with a thing called "the upgrade cycle" - I'm not sure if you've heard
>> of
>> that Steve :-P
>
> I've heard of it.  In fact read my post (quoted by you above) you'll see
> that I was UPGRADING when I wrote it.  What I don't have much experance
> of is REINSTALLATION.  That's because I use a distro where the UPGRADE
> works! :-)

Ha Ha! The crux of the matter :-P

Yes, so do I (use gentoo, you know you want to!). Of course while no
offence, rudeness or malice intended, the two hardest styles of language
to portray in textural conversation are as follows ----->

sarcasm

n : witty language used to convey insults or scorn; "he used sarcasm to
upset his opponent"; "irony is wasted on the stupid"; "Satire is a sort of
glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their
own"--Johathan Swift

irony

n 1: witty language used to convey insults or scorn; "he used sarcasm to
upset his opponent"; "irony is wasted on the stupid"; "Satire is a sort of
glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their
own"--Johathan Swift [syn: sarcasm, satire, caustic remark] 2: incongruity
between what might be expected and what actually occurs; "the irony of
Ireland's copying the nation she most hated" 3: a trope that involves
incongruity between what is expected and what occurs

also, another good definition is

denial

n. An unconscious defense mechanism characterized by refusal to
acknowledge painful realities, thoughts, or feelings.

So go on, use gentoo, you know you want to :D

regards

John D.