[Sussex] Microsoft to collapse..

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 21:19:34 UTC 2005

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:15:51 +0000, Steve Dobson <steve at dobson.org> wrote:
> Geoff
>
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 10:39:10AM +0000, Geoffrey Teale wrote:
> > A nice little article from the business department of ABC News (a
> > somehwat suprising source):
> >
> > http://abcnews.go.com/Business/print?id=88655
> >
> > It mentions how Linux and Firefox now have the "mindshare", not Microsoft.
>
> My favorite bit was when they asked:  "How many people know that Microsoft
> have launched a search engine site this month?"  I hadn't - I knew that they

Er, they didn't. They already had a search engine, it's been around
for years. They have just "improved" it and *re*-launched it. Most IT
people I know and non IT people who read the news websites like
news.bbc.co.uk know about it.

> where into better search engine technology to help scan the content of the
> local disks, but not web search engines.

Umm, that's google isn't it? Google has a desktop search tool you can
download for Windows.

Cheers,
Al.