[Sussex] Gnome annoyances

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Tue Feb 15 15:44:22 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:37:21 +0000, Geoffrey Teale <gteale at cmedltd.com>
wrote:

-----%<-----
> I've never seen the behaviour you describe.  If you right click in the
> area below the task bar do you get a panel menu or a desktop menu?   If
> you get a panel menu it could be that you have a transparent panel there
>  already and you need to remove it (right click -> delete this panel).

Thanks Geoff, the words "nail" and "head" come to mind. I can only presume
that it was to do with having had a tranparent panel background under KDE
(is that what "they" mean by cross menu support, or is that just the
actual "start" menu?).

Ha, I suppose gnome will just be something else for me to "wallpaper" the
mailing list with daft questions. :D

Again, thanks for the reply.

Regards

John D.