[Sussex] XBOX FIRE RISK

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Sun Feb 20 17:02:23 UTC 2005

Hi

On Sun, February 20, 2005 13:40, Mark Harrison (Groups) said:
> Which version of Linux does the XBOX ship with?

Did your PC ship with Linux? Mine didn't, nor did any of the devices I now
run Linux on ;)

> I'm just trying to work out why a hardware design fault on the part of a
> Chinese company that designed some hardware that ships with a Microsoft
> logo on the front has ANYTHING to do with Linux.

As people have pointed out, lots of linux does get run on xboxes, plus
people always like an opportunity to bash Microsoft I guess. Personally I
don't really think this is their fault and I'm quite surprised because the
xbox power cable feels ridiculously well engineered ;)

> Presumably, on your logic, if the same fault had appeared in a TiVo, it
> would indicate that the entire linux community was incompetent, and
> should immediately be posted on all Microsoft lists?

I'd hope we'd be forgiven for TiVo related problems, it does use a 2.1
kernel afterall ;)

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones