[Sussex] privoxy

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Tue Feb 22 19:19:29 UTC 2005

Alan Pope wrote:

> Apologies if it came across as larting you personally, it wasn't meant
> that way. I just think whenever I see his site mentioned, the argument
> against what he says has to be put.

Okay, some clarification here for all watching this thread.

First, Privoxy has no connection with grc.com. It is a useful utility/tool
which is maintained by the Open Source community and is endorsed by the
online security community.

If you really want to browse the web anonymously then you need to use the
TOR network.

Second, the Shields up site :is: a useful site - especially for non-techie
type Internet users. It's not the :best: site, but there is nothing actually
wrong with it as a security testing service as far as it goes.

See folks on Thursday,

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

  APATHY ERROR: Don't bother striking any key.