[Sussex] Myth TV so ... now we can chat ...

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Sat Feb 26 20:06:07 UTC 2005

Nik

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 06:48:05PM +0000, nik wrote:
> Sky + Svideo port out -> PVR 350 Video In ( its the 4 pin Svideo in )
> Myth TV [ config follows ]
> PVR350 Video Out -> Svideo Out ---> Svideo In
>

> Kernel 2.6.10

Is that a vanilla 2.6.10 or have you applied the VIA EPIA patch?

> Ivtv   0.3.2
>
> /etc/modutils/ivtv contains
> alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
> alias char-major-81 videodev
> alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
> alias char-major-81-1 bttv
> alias /dev/v4l ivtv
> options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 ivtv_std=2 cardtype=2 tuner=1 tda9887=0
> options tuner pal=1
> options saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=1 pal=1
> options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
> add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 saa7127 tuner
> add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c ivtv-fb
> post-install ivtv /usr/local/bin/ivtvctl -d /dev/video0 -u 0xff

Okay - that sets the think to PAL

> using
>
> ivtvctl -K 1
>
> shows me B&W video out on the Screen
>
> using
>
> dd if=/dev/video0 of=/tmp/someexample.mpg
>
> Playing that back on my laptop shows me that im getting the simple B&W
> image..
>
> Audio is working fine.
>
> and then
>
> ivtvctl -I is
>
> laddypuppy:/etc/modutils# ivtvctl -I
> check SAA7115 input signal
> ioctl: VIDEO_STATUS = Sat/Dvd
>
> SAA7115 reg[STATUS#1 - 0x1E] = 82
> Color Standard (D0-D1): PAL
> White peak loop (D2): Not activated
> Gain value for act.lum. (min) (D3): Not limited
> Gain value for act.lum. (max) (D4): Not limited
> WIPA-mode slow-time constant (D5): Not activated
> Horizontal frequency (D6): Locked
> Field length (D7): Standard
>
> SAA7115 reg[STATUS#2 - 0x1F] = 91
> Ready for capture (D0): Yes
> Macrovision 7.01 (D1): No
> MV Colorstripe burst (D2): No
> MV Colorstripe burst type 3 (D3): No
> Input signal timebase (D4): Stable (broadcast/DVD)
> Field frequency (D5): 50Hz
> H & V loops (D6): Locked
> Interlace (D7): Detected
> laddypuppy:/etc/modutils#
>
> So ... who can get Colour through this then ?
>

> Oh to add annoyance to the sitution ive been seeing Colour at one
> point.. i just cant repeat it !
>
> cables and connected are tested with my DVD and both work fine...
>
> SKY+ configuration has been changed from PAL to RGB and back ...

What is the report from "ivtvctl -P"?

This is the input mode.  If it comes back as one of the composite
modes (use ivtvctrl -n to list all the modes available) then this
might explane why your seeing just a B&W image.  Try setting it to
one of the S-Video input settings to mach the signal being pumped
out of the Sky+ box (ivtvctrl -p 6).

Hope this helps, let me know