[Sussex] Myth tv from command line to X...

nik nik at reducedhackers.com
Sun Feb 27 08:38:09 UTC 2005

Okay .. so for those following ..... last night I cracked the
problematic B&W image from my PVR350 to my Myth box...

It was late and I just wanted to "git r done" !...

So using

dd if=/dev/video0 of=workinginthedark.mpeg bs=64k

I now have a 2.3gb file for a 30minute show that was on my Sky box .
this now replaces the traditional make a VCR Tape copy which I would
usually have done.

Now 2.3gb seems very very very large for 30mins... so i guess I now need
a way to encode the 2.3gb mpeg into something a little smaller (
preferably something to fit onto VCD ).

Suggestions ?

nik