[Sussex] Remote (Samba 3.0.x) Domain Accesss

paul Morriss paul.morriss at tokenbay.co.uk
Sun Jan 9 13:38:47 UTC 2005

What I am looking for is a way to seamlessly integrate machines on
remote networks onto the network - For Windows XP Pro the domain will
appear in the drop down list on logon and in Linux (which will be the
majority of the clients) will be part of the domain.

The reasoning behind this is that I have a number of users who have only
very basic PC skills and I want to make there life as simple as possible.

Paul

Richie Jarvis wrote:
> paul Morriss wrote:
>
>> Richie
>>   To gain access to certain resources on the domain the machine will
>> need to be part of the (Samba) domain, allowing people to enter
>> usernames and passwords I don't think will allow access.
>>
>> The setup I am trying to get working is a Linux Samba server
>> connecting via a Linux firewall and most of the remote clients are
>> Linux - except 2 (which I am working on converting :) )
>>
>> Paul
>>
> Can I ask what sort of resources you are accessing??  Printers and
> Fileshares allow non-domain machines to access - they just ask for the
> username/password first.

Registered Linux user : 376901