[Sussex] Remote (Samba 3.0.x) Domain Accesss

Geoffrey Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Tue Jan 11 07:42:52 UTC 2005

Steve Dobson wrote:
> Both.  The VPN is a network link that encrypts packets and sends them over
> a network.  In order for the VPN to be up both ends have to have gone through
> their handshaking to establish the link.  It's isn't so much client/server
> as peer to peer.

Hmmm, peer to peer isn't really a well chosen description IMHO.  In
order to do truely peer to peer VPN comms we have to establish
symmetrical VPN links on our production hardware (our product is a peer
to peer system) - there are definitely notional clients and servers in a
VPN connection.

--
Geoff Teale
Free Software Foundation <tealeg at member.fsf.org>