[Sussex] Breaking Patent News

Mark Harrison Mark at ascentium.co.uk
Tue Jan 11 11:49:23 UTC 2005

It's even better.... Read the following paragraph:

" In order to avoid the possibility that a party will take advantage of
   this pledge and then assert patents of its own against FOSS, this
   pledge is irrevocable except that IBM reserves the right to terminate
   this patent pledge and commitmentonly with regard to any party who
   files a lawsuit asserting patents or other intellectual property rights
   against Open Source Software."

ie - if you start trying to enforce your patents against the FOSS community,
you can't use our patented stuff!

M.