[Sussex] Linux School

Jon Fautley jon at geekpeople.net
Mon Jan 17 10:48:08 UTC 2005

On 17 Jan 2005, at 10:31, Ben Gr0ss wrote:

> Hi, My name is Ben,
> I live in East Sussex now, just moved here from
> Canada.
> I am into computers and want to study linux.
> Does anyone know if there is a school in the area that
> teaches any good courses? THanks

Hi!

Welcome to the list :)

I'm not specifically aware of any schools teaching Linux - schools here
in the UK are too scared to use anything other than Microsoft products,
sadly. You'll be able to learn a lot from this list however. There's a
wide range of people on here, from people that know nothing about
Linux, to people with skills that make others think they are Gods among
men. I believe that someone recently did a presentation on moving from
Windows to Linux - no doubt someone will be able to point you towards
it :)

One thing I am intrigued about however, what ever posessed you to move
from a seemingly nice place like Canada to a dump like the UK? :)

Jon