[Sussex] Suse 9.1

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Mon Jan 17 12:45:14 UTC 2005

 From: Angelo Servini [mailto:Angelo.Servini at claybrook.co.uk]
 Subject: [Sussex] Suse 9.1

> Hi Fellas
>
> I fitted an 80gb HDD over the weekend and then installed Suse 9.1 on
it
> in 16gb (I didn't pay for it, I just got the free download from their
> site).  Leaving the rest for me to try out other distro's like Ubuntu
> Linux.  Its using the 2.6 kernel and 3.2 KDE.  Verr.. nice.  A clean
> looking desktop.

If you try Ubuntu (Its worth it tbh) keeping mind that you can upgrade
to the latest (beta) version , which will give you a more uptodate
system.
Goto http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=9098 for info on upgrading.

Plus if you try it out look here aswell has details on how to get mice
working and such like, http://ubuntuguide.org/

[__USE_UBUNTU_IT'S_A_DEBIAN_BASED_DISTRO__]  <-- can I be in the 'use
Debian' gang now?

> I'm not giving up on Gentoo, however; as I have more than enough disk
> space to do a parallel installation using the new kernel - starting
from
> scratch again is probably good for the soul anyhow!  It was a good way
> to learn, even if the ride was a little bumpy on the way - and, it was
> never totally beyond me - thanks to the good advice and help from the
> SLUG.
>
> One question though.  I use a kingston cordless optical wheel mouse.
> Though I selected the option in YAST for an intelli/wheel mouse, the
> wheel part of my mouse is not recognised.  Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Cheers

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.