[Sussex] Suse 9.1

John D. big-john at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Jan 17 14:31:12 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 11:49 +0000, Angelo Servini wrote:
<snip>
> One question though.  I use a kingston cordless optical wheel mouse.
> Though I selected the option in YAST for an intelli/wheel mouse, the
> wheel part of my mouse is not recognised.  Does anyone have any ideas?
</snip>

Angelo,

this is a quote from my /etc/X11/xorg.conf

[quote]
# **********************************************************************
# Core Pointer's InputDevice section
# **********************************************************************

Section "InputDevice"

# Identifier and driver

Identifier	"Mouse1"
Driver	"mouse"
Option "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"
Option "Device"      "/dev/mouse"
Option "ZAxisMapping"	"4 5"
# Mouse-speed setting for PS/2 mouse.

#    Option "Resolution"	"256"
[/quote]

The non-scrolling scroll wheel trick I usually have to use (Logitech
Cordless Mouseman Optical) is to add the "ZAxisMapping" line (or
uncomment if it's not there).

And yes I've tried selecting the various options for my mouse, but
usually end up going for the options listed above and things work fine.

I suppose I should really looking into checking if there's anything else
I could do to improve my config (maybe the protocol option etc etc), but
all the time it's doing what I want I'm not sure if theres any point.

regards

John D.