[Sussex] ADSL

Andrew Guard andrew at andrewguard.com
Wed Jan 19 14:41:10 UTC 2005

> Dear Fellas
>
> As I now have a 2mb ADSL connection (capped during the day).  I now need
> some way of doing scheduled downloads after 1am.   Is there an app I can
> get or a script I can enter to do this?
>
> By the way, as per your good advice, the Ubuntu ISO has already been
> downloaded and will be installed by the weekend (Suse has already started
> to piss me off - re the very restricted app database they have).

Well I take it the file going to be on HTTP server for a transfer, if so
it easy to write an app which works with this protocol.

Out of intrest is your IP
1)Dymanic (chages every so often ie days)
2)Dymanic-Static (ie you IP is Dymanic but it never seams to change)
3)Static (it you IP number and it isn't going to change)

--
This e-mail has been edited with a webmail service.