[Sussex] RAID, and building a server.

Mark Harrison (Groups) mph at ascentium.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 19:24:37 UTC 2005

Hi all,

It's time for the next machine to make the conversion from Windows to
Linux.

The machine in question is my trusty server.

I'm quite tempted with the idea of building one, rather than buying a
pre-made box, simply because I'd like to give it a go.

Does anyone have any recommendations in terms of SATA RAID controllers
for linux use. In an ideal world, I'd go for an on-motherboard SATA RAID
controller that presented to the O/S as if the array were a single
drive, but I'm not sure that such things exist?

Mark