[Sussex] A Quality product from Microsoft

Geoffrey Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Tue Jan 25 09:50:56 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 03:19 +0000, Steve Dobson wrote:
> Well map24.com (which someone suggested)

T'was I!

> has a route with three ferries
> that doesn't leave Norway and follows the cost.  But there must be a better
> way than using ferries, at lease on of which takes nearly three hours to
> do 13 miles.

Steve... I challenge you.. go to Norway, find a way of doing that
journey faster by car.

This isn't Surrey we're talking about - you're crossing fjords, the only
towns around are tiny, there are infrequent but reliable ferry crossings
or massive round trips by road (many fjords stretch deep into the heart
of the country) - there are very few bridges (environmental protection
laws in Norway often forbid constructions that would interfere with the
natural beauty of these areas), and with several of the fjords running
to several miles deep there aren't any tunnels (there is one underwater
suspension bridge I know of).

--
Geoffrey Teale <gteale at cmedltd.com>
Cmed Technology