[Sussex] router woes

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Mon Jan 31 13:44:13 UTC 2005

'ello Gareth

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 01:18:11PM -0000, Gareth Ablett wrote:
>  From: Simon Huggins [mailto:huggie at earth.li]
>  Subject: Re: [Sussex] router woes
> > On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 12:58:15PM -0000, Gareth Ablett wrote:
> > >  From: Simon Huggins [mailto:huggie at earth.li]
> > >  Subject: Re: [Sussex] router woes
> > > This isn't really a possible route to take considering I have a
> > > block of 6 IP's to use.
> > Sorry, I don't understand this bit.  I can't think of any reason why
> > you'd not be able to use a block of 6 IPs if you were to use a linux
> > box + speedtouch as your router.
> > Oh, unless you thought I meant solely IPv6?  No I have IPv4 too ;)
> I may be missing something here but would it be possible to setup with
> this method to forward the IP's to other machines on the network, where
> those machines can been seen by the outside world on the IP.

Yes, you can configure your netblock on the local network and route out
via your ADSL.

A linux box acting as a router isn't any less special than a consumer
device or arguably a low-end Cisco router.

Simon.

--
        Black Cat Networks        -(      "To infinity and beyond!"      )-
UK domain, email and web hosting  -(                                     )-