[Sussex] Noob

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 17:30:44 UTC 2005

 From: Mark Harrison (Groups) [mailto:mph at ascentium.co.uk]
 Subject: Re: [Sussex] Noob

> John Gregory wrote:
>
> > I use Firefox as a browser and my version of Linux (Suse 9.1 pro)
can
> > configure the browser identify itself as IE.
> > I have no problems with sites asking me to change my browser to IE
5.5
> > or later when using Linux.
> >
> > John Gregory
> >

> John,
>
> That's not the only problem. There are some bugs in Firefox still,
which
> do cause some problems. More commonly, however, are the site designers
> who have tested against IE, and found that sites worked, and not
> realised that their sites were therefore effectively working around
bugs
> in IE at the expense of breaking standards.
>
> Particularly true with DIV tags, and with Javascript.
>
> M.

I know quite a few web designers and web developers and very few people
only test in IE these days so its only what already about on the net
that is a problem.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.