[Sussex] i dont get this!!!!!!!!

Andrew Guard andrew at andrewguard.com
Wed Jul 6 10:35:35 UTC 2005

> hi guys, i came to the worthing bcf on sunday 3rd july and met the motley
> crew running the stall, i would like to say thanks to nick for helping
> sort out my internet problem, but now i seem to have another one! i have
> done as advised and installed the new network card and cable for the
> internet, which comes through my very annoying ntl box(but thats another
> story!) and it works fine but now when i shut my pc down as soon as it
> recieves a signal from the set top box it restarts, even if someone only
> changes channel it springs into life, how can i get round this without
> having to unplug the cable everytime i shut down?
> please someone save wot is left of my sanity
>  thanks tracie

Interesting, I know about NTL, sadly it seams NTL is buying out Telewest
in this buy-out.  As Telewest have a first class technical team, NTL seams
to only employ monkeys from my own experance.

OK correct me if I am wrong but I think you are using STB is also used for
digital TV for you Internet.  Now first call NTL as the Digital TV box's
can only out put 750k to your Internet connection.  If you want the ture
speed of you NTL broadband connection you will extra cable modem just for
Internet.  The models for this will NTL (Ambit) 100 / 200 / 250.  Just
look at bottom where serial an mac detailes are printed.

Set web browser to look at http://192.168.100.1/  the user name and
password are
user admin
pass admin
or
user root
pass root

if still hitting head agentest brick wall then
http://www.nthell.co.uk/
is a good place to ask for help and they do have staffers of NTL on there
who know what they really are talking about.

--
This e-mail has been edited with a webmail service.