[Sussex] Copywrite and the Old Woman ...

Angelo Servini angelo at servini.co.uk
Sun Jul 10 19:14:36 UTC 2005

Geoff Teale wrote:

>I should add
>that I regularly break the speed limit despite knowing this is wrong and
>being well aware of the potentially tragic consequences of this action.  This
>only goes to prove that education isn't the entire cure to any problem -
>given the real-world freedom to do something stupid and potentially harmfull
>human beings will do so.  I am actively trying to stop myself from driving
>recklessly (in much the same way people give up smoking) lets see how I get
>on :-)    The interesting thing here is that speed cameras do work.  I slow
>down for them.  As we all know, people speed up again once they are past them
>- there must be a better solution without being to intrusive.

Hi Geoff.

I agree in principle with your statement about speeding - and I am one of the
worst offenders in this respect (I had 9 points at one time).  What do you think
of the scheme that the government wants to put into practice.  For example, the
electronic tagging of all cars so that they can be tracked by satellite?

As for speeding, this would eliminate it overnight!  Howvever, the moral and
social implications are many.  I believe that the negative implications outweigh
the good, and to be blunt, I dont trust this lot as far as I can throw them.

Angelo.