Linux and the Average User ... was [Re: [Sussex] Knoppix 3.9 / pen drive test - volunteers wanted]

NIcholas Butler nik at reducedhackers.com
Mon Jul 11 17:54:36 UTC 2005

Fay...
Thanks for the post. Ive got 3.9 running here So ill try to dedicate
some time this week to examining this. Meanwhile It did make me wonder
what the specifications for being an Average user are ?

I do know that of the many friends and family that Ive now ported to
Ubuntu or Knoppix that theyve been more than happy with the results.

On investigation the feeling is that linux just works and that the
operating system  is actually more predictable than their previous
windows experience.

Certainly these are not the computer literate users . just mom and pop
users whom want to surf the net, read emails and move pictures around.

So this made me wonder...

What is it that defines a Average User ?