[Sussex] Asterisk, VoIP and NAT

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Sat Jun 4 20:19:18 UTC 2005

Hi guys,

I know a few peeps have been playing with * over the network, I'm having
issues getting it to work through the NAT on my WRT54G.

I think I've got the correct ports forwarding to my server, but I don't
seem to be able to log into it from my dyndns domain name, only by local
IP address.

Is there a way to get NAT and * working so I can link up people outside
my network? I want to give my Fiancee's parents and my folks an account
on it so we get phone calls over broadband. :)

The WRT54G is still running the Original Linksys Firmware, and at the
moment, I don't want to change that.

DynDNS has wildcards enabled, so I don't know whether there's a way to
setup an internal DNS so that requests work as follows (not the real
names or IP addresses btw!):

EXTERNAL INTERFACE

*.tisf.homelinux.org -> telewestIpAddress (WRT54G)

www.tisf.homelinux.org -> 192.168.1.10 (Web Server)
pbx.tisf.homelinux.org -> 192.168.1.11 (* box)
mail.tisf.homelinux.org -> 192.168.1.12 (Mail Server)

I appreciate that this is probably about three questions in one, but
hey, that's how my mind works! :)

TIA,

Matt