[Sussex] Spam that made me laugh

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 08:48:56 UTC 2005

 From: Matthew Macdonald-Wallace [mailto:matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk]
 Subject: Re: [Sussex] Spam that made me laugh

> On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 12:00:20 +0100
> Steve Dobson <steve at dobson.org> wrote:
>
> > It is not often that I even read SPAM, let along pass it on for
> > others to read.  But there are times when I get something out
> > of it.  In this case a laugh.
> >
> > Why did I read it.  Because the subject was "What IS OEM software
and why
> > do you care?" I do care about the cost of OEM software - in as much
> > as I think the best software these days is free.

and other
> > name-brand software, for unbelievably low prices -- often much lower
than
> > from the original manufacturer.
> >
> > Check out OEM today at following the link.
> >
> > ----- End forwarded message -----
> >
> > Okay, so it IS just a cheep sales SPAM, but why did it make me
laugh?
> > They sent it to my dobbo [at] debian [dot] org address :-)
>
> Targeted marketing just ain't what it used to be is it... :p

Whats cheaper some person sifting through a db of details to take out
the pointless ones or not.
At the end of the day most email addresses like this are collecting you
email spiders that trawl the net, and they don't stop because it's a
debian site.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.