[Sussex] Gedit syntax highlighting

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Fri Jun 10 08:59:13 UTC 2005

Hi folks

Anyone out there use GEdit?  I'm trying to find out how to edit the
syntax highlighting parameters it uses.  Specifically I want to add
some entries to the list of file extensions used to identify file
types.  For example, when using smarty (php templating engine), my
templates are HTML with some smarty directives in it.  I want them
highlighted as HTML, but the file extension is .tpl and so gedit
doesn't pick it up.  Had a look at the language spec files in /usr/
share/gtksourceview/lang-specs but the file extensions aren't specified
in there.  Anyone know if this is possible?  I'm using gedit 2.10
(ubuntu apt-getted to the max!!).

Cheers

Ronan