[Sussex] Compiler G++ problems

Thomas Adam thomas at edulinux.homeunix.org
Sun Jun 19 12:54:01 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 11:24:05AM +0100, Rupert Swarbrick wrote:

> OK. What you need to do is tell the linker where libGL.a is. This
> is usually put somewhere wierd for historical (xFree86) reasons
> (although with Ubuntu, I have a link to it in /usr/lib, which should
> be automatically found...?)

No, it was never put in any *weird* locations -- what you're referring
to were discrepencies within the FSH -- whereby anyone made up the path
locations.  Ubuntu, like almost all distros now [1] follow the LSB.  It
really won't be in any strange location.

-- Thomas Adam

[1]  RH included -- and they were notorious for defining their own
locations for files.

--
"One of us is a cigar stand, and one of us is a lovely blue incandescent
guillotine" -- Stephen Malkmus, "Type Slowly" from "Brighten The Corners"